Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Family...

Well, how was everyone's long weekend? Mine was wonderful! Spent the weekend with my southern family, went to my sister's wedding and had my boyfriend meet my dad! Can you say yikes! I felt like I was 16 all over again. My dad loved him! Crazy as it sounds, it is nice to get that kind of approval. It just seems to make life a lot easier. Not that you really need someones approval about your relationship to make you happy, but honestly it does make life a lot easier. The entire drive to London, I felt my anxiety kick in, and if I was feeling nervous what could Chris be feeling? Now, as he was joking about leaving if it didn't go well, there may have been a bit truth at the heart of it as well. But while we were there, I made a decision, no one else is going to influence my decisions about who I am going to share my life with. I do hope everyone can get along, but we are all grown ups, and this person is who makes me happy, that is really all that matters. Next weekend will be nerve wracking because the shoe is on the other foot! I have to say I learned something incredible from Chris this weekend, he is who he is, and if that isn't enough, that is there problem, he is job is to make me happy, and I think I will take a page from his book!

No comments:

Post a Comment