Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Acceptance...

What a crazy week so far! Aside from the rain that is suppose to happen, I think this week is shaping up to be a good one! Worked a double shift on Sunday, and had Monday and Tuesday off, go back and work 3 and have a weekend off to go up north and visit family and friends! Looking forward to a photo shoot with my favorite doll! So I should be posting some new before and after pictures right after Thanksgiving!

Over the weekend, I recieved a message from a family member, not a positive message is all I will say. I have said this several times that I am not willing to discuss my marriage or seperation any longer. I have not a bit of anamosity towards Jeff, I wish him well. We are becoming good friends and looking for a new path to raise our children. But something that I took offence to, was the fact that I was called a wanna be member of my dad's family. So, lets put this out there. I didn't know that my father wasn't my biological father until I was 26. My family thought it was best that I didn't know. I have done a lot of work to put that past me. I have chosen not to know who my biological father is for several different reasons. Biggest is, I have two super great dads! My dad and my step dad. The other is because it doesn't define who I am in life. I am not a wanna be member of anyones family. I accept people for who they are. I have also worked very hard to lose my judgemental componet when it comes to people. When I say I made a lifestyle change a year ago, I mean a holistic life style change. I want to be a better person, mind, body and soul. It was a big step for me. It is sometimes easier to stay in that dark place and never move forward. But I choose not to. Life is too short! So for that person that said that, that is your opinon, I can't change it and nor do I want to. What I can do thou is move forward and move past. I love my dad, and if that makes me a redneck hillbilly, so be it. You get one kick at the can in this life and I am going to take it. I am going to be more accepting, more tolerant, more loving... Happy Tuesday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment