Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving....

Well its that time of year again! Break out the fancy dishes and the biggest turkey you can find! Just kidding! Thanksgiving has come upon us again, and it seemed rather quickly for me this year! So what are your family traditions? In years past, I have always marvelled my family with huge turkey dinner, homemade pies and buns, and an assortment of snacks. This year it will be different. The kids are going to their Dad's to celebrate, and I am going to attend a wedding and enjoy an evening with friends. Something I also love to do, is a typical Sunday drive on SUNDAY to check out all the changing leaves. Yes, I am a sentimental sap. I think of last Thanksgiving, spending at my Dad's with 40 other people and revelling is how thankful I was to be there. To enjoy their company and have my extended family around me. That is what I am truly thankful for, is my family. The love and support never fades. We sometimes don't see eye to eye, but we are always there for one another when we need to be. I watch my children get along and fight, and I see how they love each other. When one is not feeling well the other feels for them. This tells me I am on the right track! They are the biggest thing I am thankful for! Something else I am thankful for, finding myself. Not that I was lost, but I felt that I was. Finding myself was beneficial for me, but for my children.
I have received lots of messages in the past week! I love reading them, and I am horrible to respond (Sorry!)! I would like to say, these are the messages that inspire me. These message start with you are inspiring, and then it is there story. I find the stories you are sending me about yourself that are amazing. These life stories are what help others move forward. Even though it seems as though your at lowest depths when your writing your message it is a window for you to be able to express yourself, and release what is happening or bothering you. Thank you and keep on sending them!!!
There are so many things to be thankful for! Life is all around us, so enjoy the beautiful weekend in store and hold your family closer this weekend! Also CONGRATS to Scotty and Jenn! What a wonderful weekend to begin your life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment