Monday, November 14, 2011

Somethings are worth repeating...

The last few weeks have been so completely crazy, and my blog is continuing to suffer! I am trying to make a bigger effort to take the time for it! So here it goes!

I know I have said some of these things before. First thing is, this week someone asked me about my weight loss. When I told them my story, they said "Gastric bypass? Well that is like the staples button, easy..." I was super offended. Firstly, when I started this, I began eating completely different 4 months before surgery. Also, not only did I start then, I have maintained all along. Before, if I didn't eat, I didn't eat, now I have to make a commitment to eat. I work on the road all day, so it can be tough. Also, this is a tool, not a be all end all. If I don't work at my weight loss everyday, I can gain my weight back the same as anyone else. I have worked super hard this year to make these big changes in life and I am winning!!!

The second thing I want to address is self image. I know I have talked about this several times. It is sometimes so difficult to get use to seeing a smaller person in the mirror. I was out this weekend with my girlfriends and bought a new pair of jean, size 12 I may add, and I had to keep asking the lady if I needed a bigger size. I even bought a new blouse, and when I tried the large on it was to big and I was still going to buy it because of my conditioning. It is hard to forget that wise cracking bigger red head I once was thou. Sometimes I still see myself is big. It is honestly crazy. I find myself looking at pictures and thinking who is that? For me, I will get there, it is just taking time. And now when my son hugs me, he can put both arms around me and hold me tight! Deaner piggy backed me around this weekend and said I was light as a feather. Who would have ever thought you would ever hear Melanie and light as a feather in the same sentence. I am sure it will take years to adjust to my change, and I am ok with that!

Enjoy your Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I would like to say congratulations on all your hard work and discipline and taking charge of your life! I know exactly how you feel about people disregarding what you have achieved to better yourself. I just look at it as uneducated people that usually are jealous of what you have achieved and they enie you.
    I get this reception too when people see me in the community and say how good I look now and dismiss my 70lb. weight loose to getting MS(Multiple Sclerosis). It is frustrating as it has taken me 6 years to achieve this by going to weight watchers and learning how to look at food, exercise and healthy living.
    I figure they are bold enough to say that too me; I am bold enough to tell them; “Me loosing this weight had NOTHING TO DO WITH MS, a matter of fact MS makes it harder for me to keep it off!”
    You keep up the good work girl you look great! You deserve to feel wonderful and sexy from the inside out ! =)

    ReplyDelete