Tuesday, November 29, 2011

quiet year... ya right...

Well, tis the season! Break out the good dishes and the Visa! This year has been a bit crazy for me. I remember going out for dinner at the Mandarin in January and reading for my birth year this was going to be a quiet, relaxing year. Whoever wrote that was wrong! Now, I can look at 2011 as the year my life crumble or the year that I was reborn... I think I will choose the latter.

2011 had a lot of ups and downs, positives and negatives. But, did I learn from the negatives? YES! Did the positives outshine the negatives? YES! Would I change 2011? NO, well maybe the broken foot thing! HA! This was the year I learned to love myself, no matter what shape or size. This was the year I learned to look fear in the eye and take the next step forward. This was year that I learned that the only person in life I had to please was myself. This was year that I began teaching my children the same things. One year ago at this time, I was a shattered sole, didn't know which way was up and didn't know how to love myself. All of that has changed. I read inspiration sayings and quotes everyday, one that I carry with me is about how God answers prayers, it may not be what we want, but it is what we need. How true is that? For me it was very true. We always want a bigger house, new car, etc, in the end it is all material. I want to live happily, love my children and family, explore. Not be bogged down with the other junk...
2011, One hell of year... At first, I had wished it would just end, now it will be a year I will never be able to forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment