Wednesday, June 1, 2011

She would be 74 tomorrow...

There are a couple of days through out the year that are hard to get through. They seem to revolve around my Grandparents. Tomorrow would have been Betty B's 74th birthday. Now I am not making a birthday cake, or spending my day sobbing this year. I have made some big changes in my life. In my current situation, I have always tried to do what she would have wanted me to do to make my life better. It has taken me a long time to realize that the only thing she ever wanted for any of us, really was happiness. Life is too short. Life is what you make it. I choose to live happy and positive. I thank my kids and Chris for my happiness. My life is moving in a direction that I never would have dreamed possible a year ago. Not everything is sunshine and lemon drops, but when there are bad things going on around me, I remember all of the positive things in my life and know that what ever comes around the next corner I can handle it. I think this a huge part of my new optimistic journey... Happy Birthday Nan! Love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment