Monday, January 17, 2011

Diary of the shriking fat chick-Chapter 4

Wow, I try to write here everyday, but these past two weeks I haven't had much of an opportunity!  My laptop charger is not working, so I have to use the desk top in the basement, which I am avoiding, the basement not the desktop! So I have been feeling ok.  Tired thou. My husband has completely missed his calling thou! He should be a nurse or a phlebotomist! He had given me my tinzaparin injections everyday, and thank goodness that is finished! I am pretty bruised on both lower quadrants of my belly from these injections, but not his fault, they didn't hurt when he was giving them!!!  So weigh in at Surgery was 297.4 lbs.  Went to my follow up appointment and my weight today is 285.2 lbs. That is 12lbs in two weeks!  I have been really trying to stick the dietitican suggestions.  The first two weeks was a milk based diet, cream of wheat, creamed soups, yogurt, protein shakes.  I am having difficulty with the protein shakes right now.  Not exactly sure why, but maybe the heaviness of them.  I am going to buy a different flavor tomorrow and see how I make out.  Now I am on to the pureed diet.  Anyone who knows me knows, I can barely stomach the sight of a pureed diet!  Even at work, it grosses me out, so I am doing a minced food. I can better tolerate the sight of it. Just have to remember to chew.
I am horrible for taking medication.  But I have consistently remembered to take the multivitamin and previcid every day.  This week has been a busy one. Seeing the doctor this week, talking to the therapist, organizing. One thing I have also had to learn these past two weeks is to SIP! I was dying to thirst the other day and I gulped a big glass of water.  First the pain was horrible, and then it immediately came back up.  I have also had my first (and hopefully my last) experience with dumping syndrome.  I was eating some crackers, and I had one too many.  That was painful, and they didn't stay down either. 
This week I am going to take it easy and ease back into my usual routine. Next week I am going to start aqua fit again or walking.  I am learning things as I go, and I know it will be a life long process!

No comments:

Post a Comment