Saturday, January 8, 2011

You have to excuse me, I am not at my best...

Well, Tuesday was d-day.  Got up at 5am and headed down to the big city. I have never said these numbers before, if I said them they became real.  At my first appointment, I weighed in at 341 lbs.  Which to me was incredible and discouraging.  So when I weighed in on Tuesday morning, I am down to 297.  All high numbers. After feeling embarrassed at first in front of the nurse, my feelings changed. I felt like I had made a small accomplishment.  After really thinking about it, I made a huge accomplishment.  Jeff reminded me that I need to not make light of little steps/accomplishment, that I should be excited for them!  He is completely right. I met with my surgeon, wearing the flatter hospital gown, went into the OR to have a conversation about the death of Micheal Jackson while they were putting out with Propenal! LOL!!!  After I woke up, I can't lie, I felt like crap!  I have been sore, but every day gets better.  Came home Thursday. My family has waited on me hand and foot! I am not going to get use to it thou! It has been a positive experience.  I am not doing this to be a bikini model. I am doing this to be healthy! If I weigh 150 lbs or 300 lbs, I know who I am, and that is an accomplishment to be proud of!

1 comment:

  1. That's so great Mel, I wish you all the best in your journey :) Cheers to health and happiness!

    ReplyDelete