Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reap what you sow...

When I was a kid I always heard these things that seemed wrong, but as I age most of those things are true. My Nan, always wanted us to be respectable people, and felt she would try and teach us these simple things. Some she applied in her own life, some seemed better in theory. One thing she always wanted was for us to get an education. She always felt like she didn't because of her choice to marry the love of her life at 16. She wanted us to be nice to others, and she wanted us to stand up for ourselves. Now these are some simple rules to live by. In raising my children, I am trying to add to this. One thing I am trying to teach them is positive brings positive, and negative brings negative. I am also trying to get my strong willed husband to see this as well.  It has been a bit of a daunting task, but well, it has been working. When I wake up every morning, even the mornings the kids are screaming their heads off or are fighting, I am thankful for the day that is set out before me. I try to put a positive swing to start the day, so the day isn't doomed from the beginning. Even if there are things that are going wrong through out the day, I again try to see the positive. My husband had now started putting this theory to the test, and guess what, things through out his day seem improved!
I heard this when I was 16. When you are stuck in a mud hole and it is raining, your stuck. But if your stuck in a mud hole and there is a stick your could get out. You reap what you sow...Sow negative attitude, you get negative response, sow a positive attitude, the options are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment