Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Diary of the shrinking fat chick-Chapter 5

Why do we torture ourselves? Why do we set goals that are unattainable or unreachable. I know that personally, being on the diet roller coaster in the past, I have always said "I want to lose 50lbs." I have come to realize that it took so long to get to that goal, that I just gave up.  So I decided, for me to be successful with this surgery and life style change, that I need to start small. I know that statistically, people lose a lot of weight with having this surgery and change their life. But there is also quite a few stories of people gaining weight back and not being able to keep it off. So for me, I am not setting a definite goal.  What I am doing is encouraging myself, 10lbs at a time. If I can do that, I can keep my eye on the prize, instead of being discouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment