Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chapter 18...

So I weighed in today, 260.2lbs! Yahoo! On Saturday I decided I had better buy a few new clothes, because most of mine don't fit! Firstly, what a sale! Secondly, I couldn't believe I got into a size 20! What a wonderful feeling. Even bras, sizes are down!!! It was such a great feeling, putting clothes back because they were to small! I also wanted to thank everyone for all of the questions and concern in the past week. I thought I may answer a few tonight.
Q: How have you been feeling since you have dropped some weight?
A: At first I didn't know if the pain was from my gastric bypass or from my gynecological issues. Come to find out that it was from my gynecological issues. Since my ablasion on Friday, I have been feeling so much better. Now that the cramping is gone, I feel so much better. I am having a lot more energy, and my legs are feeling better.
Q: What are you eating?
A: I have been sticking to the guidelines set out by the dietitians. I really never feel hungry, but I do eat. I find that if I skip meals I don't feel well. I have been trying also to prepare myself for going back to shift work in less then three weeks. So I have been trying to maintain consistent meal times. Most importantly breakfast. I find if I skip breakfast, it sets the tone for the entire day, which is not a good thing. I cook according to what I can eat, so my family is eating the same as I am, but I am just eating from a smaller plate, like a side/salad plate.
Q: Are you still drinking eight glasses of water a day?
A: Yes and no. Most days I am drinking between 6-8 glasses of water. I use to drink so much water a day, just gulp it down. But I can't drink like that anymore. So I am always walking around with a glass of water or diet kool aid. I am really making every attempt to drink as much as I can, because it does help me keep my skin clear! lol!
Q: Are you or have you experienced dumping syndrome?
A: YES! It friggin hurts!!! If I don't chew my food enough, I call it getting stuck. Or if something is too rich. I have low tolerance for dairy products as well. Dumping sucks! So I do what I can to avoid it. AT ALL COSTS! I am comfortable enough with food to know what I can and can not eat, so I am getting better with dumping. Still not attempting white bread or pop! Don't know if I ever will.

Being healthier is what it is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment