Sunday, March 20, 2011

Extended family...

I have been very blessed in the past 5 years. 5 years ago, my dad and I started talking after a small rift. Getting know my dad again was awesome! But the group of close friends he has, just took my family and made them their own! They didn't have too. But they did! And what a group of people. Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of this world people put themselves out there as they are better then everyone. Not these people. These people are salt of the earth kind of people. The kind of people that if you have one dollar or a million dollars, they accept you at face value. They don't judge you by the clothes on your back, shoes on your feet, or car you drive. There is always room for one more at their table, or in their home. We just spent the weekend with my dad and the extended family! What a wonderful time we had! I have never been more grateful for them, and miss them already!

No comments:

Post a Comment