Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ending the day on a positive note :)

Most times I got to bed, and I just feel absolutely exhausted.  Sometimes, I don't kiss my husband good night, and I go directly to sleep.  Come on, be serious, we are all guilty of this one time or another.  When I was growing up, I remember a friend of my grandfather's passed away and he went to the funeral.  The funeral was 5 hours away from our home, and he had said he would be staying with his friends.  Well, a few weeks later the visa statement came in and he had stayed in a motel.  He made serveral attempts to explain, which she would completly ignored. This went on from May right through until Christmas.  They didn't sleep in the same room.  I thought wow, even speaking about money to pay bills, he just went and paid them.  I didn't understand her anger, I couldn't figure out why she was so angry.  Later, while being married I could see both sides.  What he was trying to get out, the words she wouldn't let him say, was they had a houseful and didn't want to be an imposition. He wanted her to know that he spent every waking moment with his friends though, just their house a full of people. The reason she was so angry was not being told the truth.  For them to actually make up, the friend, who he was visiting passed away. Ironically enough they stayed at the same motel where He had stayed 5 months before. Even her birthday present wasn't opened until December.  The reason I tell you this story, is a year later my Pop developed cancer in May.  Spread like wild fire, and died a month from the day of his diagnosis. All of those months could be living and loving.  Anger is an ugly fasit in a realationship. I am not suggesting you should never get angry, but what I am saying fight about what actually matters. Let the little stuff go, because in the end all we have is the time we have together.  Accept some short comings.  I can remember hearing, I am looking for Mr. Right...Mr. Right now was a dud, now you have Mr. Right, accept him as he is, and love him.  One good night kiss could save the world! Your World!

No comments:

Post a Comment