Saturday, November 20, 2010

oh how my boy makes me feel old!!

So two weeks ago, my son asked if we could take his girlfriend out for dinner and bowling.  He referred to it as a double date.  I said it was a family outing with a friend, he said it was a double date with an Addison!  Any how, my son was a perfect gentleman! Opening doors, pulling out chairs, hanging her coat!  Before we went out for dinner, we were here at our house, and I offered Becky a drink, she said no thanks Mrs. Money, Tanner said, I'll take a coke! She told Tanner to mind his manners!!!! I thought wow what a kid! Did I also mention she is a red head?  Anyhow, she is a great kid!  Mannerly, nice, even gets a long with Addison.  So on Friday Tanner came home and said he was dumping her.  I asked why he was going to dump her, and he said she was mad at him because of a prank played at school and that it wasn't him.  I said, why would you just dump her?  Isn't she your friend? He responded, Yes.  I reminded him that he wouldn't do that to one of his friends, and he agreed.  So he called her up, they talked about it and low and behold guess who came for dinner tonight after the Santa Claus parade.  On the way home in our car, it was just our family, and Tanner said he was happy he talked to Becky, he didn't want to lose her!  He asked if I ever thought of dumping Daddy?  I said that sometimes we all think things need to end, but when you look at the bigger picture, if something makes you happy more then it makes you unhappy then you need to work hard to make it work. 

Becky went home, and Tanner and her hugged at the door.  Once he came home he asked how old he to be to kiss her.  My response 50!  But that is a whole other blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment