Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Diary of a Shrinking Fat Chick...Chapter 2

So today was the day for my pre-op appointment at the hospital. As I walked from the parking lot I had a nervous feeling xome over me. Beginning tomorrow a life altering change was beginning. I am taking a huge step in my life. Acknowleging a problem making a change for the better. It is funny how things like this make you feel. As I walked in, I became confused in my new surroundings. So when I asked for directions to my appointment, the woman behind the glass was completely sarcastic. Did u read the signs? I simply said, I guess I didn't, but if you could help me that would be awesome! She did direct me to where I needed to be. I saw her again later and she apologized. I wished her a Merry Christmas and went for my chest x-ray. Anxiety had kicked in earlier, but after that a new confidence was coming over me. I went back to the waiting room. There were quite a few people taking on the same experience as I am. A success story from another patient made us all feel like our choices were good ones. Today was my last day of food for a bit. We will see what tomorrow may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment