Sunday, December 19, 2010

Trying to let go...

So my kids are my life.  They make me crazy, I couldn't be with out them, they make me smile.  So this morning I was feeling anxiety.  My neice came to my house and said she was heading to my brother's house for a couple of days.  My son immediately said "can I go?".  What do you say. NO!! It is too far away for my liking! You can't say that! I said well call and see what they say. My brother and his girlfriend and their kids have been asking him for a long time to go. So of course the answer was yes.  I must have called my SIL (sister in law) half a dozen times to make sure it was ok. She kept reassuring me it was, and I said ok.  Even packing his bag, I thought he would say, nahhh I will stay home.  But he didn't.  He got his things together and got ready to go.  Now at this point I am almost ready to cry, not because they can't take care of him, hell, it would do him good to go, but because I almost felt like I wasn't needed.  Hate to see what happens when he goes to college!  So, away we went, for our one hour drive (which felt like 10 minutes) to my brother's house.  Tanner got out of the car and said "see you!" I told him I was coming in for a visit and get him settled.  He told me it wasn't necessary! But I did go in and visit with my other neices and my SIL.  My brother came home, chatted with him. As I got ready to leave I almost felt like tell him to get into the car, but he gave me a hug and said "I am ok Mom, there are lots of people around me and I can call you." I said "I know buddy," swallowed hard and got my things on and got into the car.  As I drove towards the highway, I cried.  When did he decide to grow up! I have to say, I am raising an amazing child, and I couldn't be more proud to say he is mine.  I know he is fine, just feels like a piece of me is missing!  Don't worry, he is coming home on Wednesday, and then I will be wishing he could go back for a few more days!!! LOVE MY KIDS MORE THEN LIFE IT SELF!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very Touching Melanie!

    As the quote goes: "To have a child is to forever have your heart go walking around outside your body"

    ReplyDelete