Thursday, December 9, 2010

Goodbye little girl...

Today, after months and months of wondering, we finally found out what happened to Tori Stafford.  When all of this happened to this young girl, I became more over protective.  My husband really didn't think it was possible.  I think this story really struck a cord across the nation.  Here was this completely innocent, beautiful child, taken from her family and killed, for no real rhyme or reason.  I have read a few articles online tonight about Tori's death and the trial of Terri-Lynn McClintock.  I am trying not to resort to calling this piece of garbage a drugged out loser, but for some reason my censor button is gone. I can remember back to the time when Tori went missing, the finger pointing, the blame.  I remember being at school, picking up my son and one mother saying "I bet the mother did it, so the father couldn't have access."  Seriously!  I think sometimes our opinons get the best of us, we don't want it to be anyone's fault.  But one of the things that really bothers me to this day, is the guilt Tori's brother feels because he didn't walk his sister home that day.  Honestly, we all battle guilt.  But this child will feel this guilt forever.  I have a soft spot for this kid.  If I could make this go away for him, I would.  I can't, and I have been thinking about how rattled my kids would be if something like this happened to them.  Devestated wouldn't even begin how they would feel.  So, tonight, I am thinking of Daryn Stafford, and hoping with time he can heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment