Thursday, December 9, 2010

Do uou remember when...

Sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago. Through out our childhood we have things we remember fondly, and things we would just rather leave behind. One of the best memories of my childhood was our family's traditional holidays. At Christmas time we would move into my Grandparents house for a week. One year I can recall bringing our bunk beds from one house to the other because of Christmas! All the gifts and food. The day would all ways be special, but the preperation of the day was much more! We learned how to make the infamous pies and tarts, the wonderful cookies, knitting at night while watching television. Although the holidays were great, making and planning was what I loved the most. There was always a story that went along with a recipe, or a joke to make you smile. I love Christmas! It makes me remember the people who aren't here with us, but it also makes me happy for the ones that are!

No comments:

Post a Comment