Wednesday, December 8, 2010

If you don't stick up for yourself, who will?

In my life, I have always stuck up for everyone else.  I hate to see someone get bullied, made fun of, etc.  I guess it brings me back to my back burner blog.  I seem to always back burner myself.  But there are times when you have to put yourself first.  I know in the past I have walked away from situations and let people think what they want.  It is almost letting them win.  But, sometimes in ones life we need to take a stand.  I heard a song on my radio today called STAND.  One of the lines was "when push comes to shove, you show what your made of."  Today was one of those days.  I am willing to say, I am hard working, compassionate person, who deserves the same respect as everyone else.  So, theoritically, if I don't stand up for myself, who will? So I did stand up for myself, I surprized myself.  I think sometimes in life we take what we are handed and are not willing to think outside the box.  So I encourage you, when push comes to shove, will you show what your made of? Take a STAND? I know I am going too...Food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment