Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holy Snow!

Ever heard of shackwacky?  That is me this week.  I said on Saturday night, I am hoping for a good ole fashioned snowstorm.  OK, I just meant on Sunday.  Spend the day playing board games, or Christmas baking, I was talking about 3 days with no reprieve!!!! So in the past 3 days, I have baked, played in the snow, shovelled snow, watched the weather channel with bated breath.  But the best thing I did in these 3 days was spend them with my kids.  I am a parent who doesn't send their kids on a snow day.  So needless to say my kids were lucky and stayed home.  My husband, not so lucky!  He worked his day and then came home and gave the snowblower a work out.  Sometimes, in this day and age, we just don't appreciate the time we get to spend with our kids, and then once they are gone off to college or real life, we say we wished we had of did that.  I am going to make the effort to not let those opportunity pass me by.  My family is what life is all about for me.  So bring on the snow, next week or during the holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment