Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The old tea cup...

Thou there are cracks and stains in the cup.  Each tells a story of the life of the cup.  How many times has the cup had the most amazing cup of tea inside. Or heard the problems of the household or the story of a friend. It had shared the good times and the bad times.  Kept us warm and cozy on a cold night.  Nursed us through the worst cold we have ever had, and held the worst tasting neo citran we can find.  Funny thing is that I can't seem to part with this cup.  It is just an old cup, from my home, from my childhood, from her life before I came into it, perhaps from her youth.  I look at the cup and think how old is it exactly, maybe 40 years, or 50.  I think if the cup could talk it could tell a story of so many peoples lives, highs and lows from her life.  If the cup were broken I would be heartbroken. But I would pick up the pieces and go on...Sometimes life seems to make you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment