Monday, February 21, 2011

Diary of a shrinking fat chick-chapter 12

Decided to get back to my Monday morning weigh ins. So I weighed in at 270 lbs! Yahoo!!! I think this is the smallest weight I have been since the age of 16! I have to admit it does feel good! I have been enjoying this Family day weekend with my family. I have also been trying to eat according to the documentation the hospital gave me. I have been trying do that since day one, but sometimes, if I eat to quickly or something to spicy I experience the dumping, so I just stop eating. So today I thought I would try a piece of rye probiotic toast. It was a slow process. But I have to say, I love bread! So it was worth the process. I don't think I can go back to ever eating white bread, but I can live with this compromise. Rye breads are great! Flavourful! I think that that is part of North Americans problem, we get caught up in what we love and instead of a small treat every now and again, we completely over due it when we find a good thing! I am guilty of it! Homemade white bread was my weakness! But, now getting my head around that I just can't do it, means a healthier me! Not to mention, I really think it would be far to painful to eat! Enjoy your day :)

1 comment:

  1. Rye bread is great, once I switched, I couldn't go back to the white stuff, I'm so proud of you Melanie! Keep on learning honey!

    ReplyDelete