Monday, February 28, 2011

Pardon me, I will be in the washroom...

Well, I attempted going out to dinner with some friends this weekend. I was looking forward to going to Shoeless Joe's, but when I started going through the menu, there weren't a lot of dishes on the menu that were in my comfort zone. I decided on a non-spicy Thai dish. It was delicious, but unfortunately, it didn't agree with me. I didn't take the time to cut it up small, I was trying to rush through dinner. Now my friends, they all took their time, so why didn't I. I was thinking about it. I thought, I didn't want to be seen as different from my friends. I didn't want anyone to notice that I had ate less then everyone. Truth is, I got stuck, ended up going to the washroom a dozen times, only for my friends to notice I didn't eat very much! Bottom line is, they are my friends, and what the heck do they care if I cut my food up into small bites, or if it takes me longer to eat then them? If I was at home and any of them were here, I would have eaten small bites. I am not going to worry about what others think. I am going to take my time. Thanks ladies for a wonderful evening, and next time I won't spend my time in the ladies room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment