Monday, February 7, 2011

Diary of a shrinking fat chick-chapter 9

Have you ever realised the restorative power of sleep. I sure did this week when deprivation kicked in! I have been getting a minimum of eight hours of sleep since having my surgery. I have always heard people talk about it, but now I am experiencing it, and guess what I love getting the sleep!!! But on Friday night, I went out with a friend, and returned home at 12:45. Went to get into bed, the hubby was all over the bed, got him moved over to his side, and then finally got into bed. Laid there and was unable to sleep. The last time I remember looking at the clock was 3:30! Addison woke me up at 7:30! 4 Hours!!! So Saturday, I had to attend a birthday party, got home at midnight, and again didn't fall asleep until 2:30. Up at 6:30 again with Addison. Lucky for me, Jeff showed me some mercy and got up with her and let me go back to bed, as the lack of sleep made me feel nauseous. So I went to bed at 9:30 last night, up at 7 this morning, and feel so much better! Sleep really makes you feel refreshed, and rejuvenated, as it should, isn't that it's job? I am going to make more of a conscience effort to get 7-8 hours a night! I guess I never really realized how much our bodies need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment